Sunday, June 8, 2008

My first blog

I'll admit that I'm old fashioned. The idea of a blog has not appealed to me until now. I believe in written journals, since, as Tony Robbins once said, "A life worth living is a life worth writing about." So why put personal thoughts up on the web for everyone to be able to see? I didn't have an answer.

I went to a writing conference with Cedar Fort Inc yesterday, and one of the speakers said that all writers should have a blog. Sigh. Okay, I'll do it. Even though I'm not yet published, I guess I am a writer. I didn't know what I would blog about, but, I'd give it a shot. As I pondered this and thought about some of the other blogs I had read, I realized that blogs are not just personal journals, they are soap boxes. Everyone, even shy people like me, have plenty to say about life and want to vent it. Blogs, whether anyone else in the world reads them or not, provide an avenue for everyone to get their say. At least it can make us feel good about it. The more I thought about it, I thought it would be fun to be able to talk about my writing experiences as I try to get my first novel published. I could also talk about my musical experiences, since that is my day job, and about raising a family with five kids. But why stop there? I have a lot of opinions about health and fitness, nutrition, spirituality, and politics.

So, if anyone is out there reading this, I hope my rantings here will do some good. If nothing else, I hope it can brighten someone's day.

No comments: