Saturday, March 14, 2009

Busy week

This week, I've been involved in the American Leadership Academy Broadway Blast in Spanish Fork. It's a musical show put together by Rick Lunt where he has a professional band (which I'm a part of) backing up his students. It's a really good show and fun to do. This is the third time I've worked with him and I'm always impressed by the quality shows he puts together. It's a lot of work, though, crammed into a short period of time (one week).

Of course, this is the week when my editor contacted me about changes to my book. It's exciting to get to the next stage, but a little daunting, too. I'm starting to feel a little rookie nervousness. I know that I'm not a great writer (yet). I have a long ways to go and a lot to learn. I just hope that I am good enough to help my first book be successful. Of course, this is where the editor comes in, to help me past the many rookie mistakes that I'm making.

If anyone tells you that being a writer is easy, shoot them.

No comments: