Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Return of Share the Love

LDStorymakers

Okay, so this blog post is part of a contest. Blog about it and I'm entered in it. Well, I'm actually excited about this one because last year, I was one of the winners. What is it, you ask? If I blog and tweet and all that stuff about the Storymakers conference coming up in May, I could be one of three winners to sit at a table with some of the conference VIPs. Last year, I sat between James Dashner and Larry Brooks and got to chew the cud with them for an hour.

I suppose I should backtrack and explain what Storymakers is. Its a fantastic organization that I'm a part of. It consists of LDS authors as a sort of guild/support group. Every spring, though, they have an awesome conference for writers here in Utah. I haven't been to a lot of conferences, but I have to say, if you're a writer, this is the best one I've ever been to. There are lots of fantastic classes taught by great teachers. For instance, this year Kevin J. Anderson will be one of the guests. So, if you live in Utah or can get here by plane, train, boat, or stage coach and you write books, you should check it out. You can register and find out more about it here: http://ldstorymakers.com/conferences/registration/

For those who want to get in on the 'Share the Love' contest, here's the link to that: http://ldstorymakerauthors.blogspot.com/2012/01/show-your-love-for-ldstorymakers.html

Oh, you're probably wanting some advice with this posting. Here it is: if it's below freezing, don't go outside with wet hair.

No comments: