Monday, March 29, 2010

The Adventures of Hashbrown Winters

Okay, I know I'm not doing well at keeping up on this. I have so many things to blog about that I'm not doing any of them. For now, I'll do a quick review of The Adventures of Hashbrown Winters by Frank Cole.

This book is definitely kid-friendly. I didn't even bother counting swearing or violence incidents because it is very clean.

I found this book a fun ride, but if you are into serious books that have to make perfect sense, then it's not for you. It takes place in a fantasy land called Pordunce Elementary; fifth grade to be exact. It's a zany world where almost every child, in order to be somebody, must have a nickname. So, in addition to following the exploits of Hashbrown, we get to meet Snow Cone, Whiz, Four Hips and Hambone.

This is one of the funniest books I've read in a long time and is a quick read. It's mainly intended for a younger audience, but those of us who are still kids at heart will enjoy it.

Next up: The Maze Runner by James Dashner.

No comments: