Monday, June 29, 2009

Freedom Festival

Performed with the Wasatch Winds last night at the Marriott Center in Provo. It was for the Freedom Festival. I played alto sax. This year, the keynote speaker was Matt Holland, the new president of UVU. He gave an interesting speech about Abraham Lincoln. I looked over and saw Jeffrey Holland, his father, only a few feet from me. On the stand behind me sat Sen. Orrin Hatch and several other local political figures. Alan Osmond was there as well, since his sons were the other musical entertainment.

As far as writing goes, I'm going back to book 1. I'm in the middle of writing book 2 and have some good momentum, but I feel a need to get started on book 1 again to fix several plot issues. I don't know why, but I decided to follow my gut instinct.

No comments: